Losing a limb can be devastating and ultimately life-changing. You may be feeling furious and frustrated that you will never be the same after wrongful amputation. Our Tampa medical malpractice lawyers can help fight for your rightful compensation.
Wrongful Amputation and Loss of Limb
Amputation is one of the most catastrophic results of an accident or medical malpractice in Florida. The Tampa Amputation Lawyers at Morgenstern & Herd, P.A protect your rights and interests if you have suffered the partial or total loss of a limb through amputation in an accident or from medical negligence.
An amputation is a life changing experience, for not only the victim but his or her family as well. Daily activities, employment, and personal relationships can all be affected by an amputation.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers at Morgenstern & Herd, PA are skilled professionals that work diligently to ensure you receive the proper medical and physical therapy care you need as timely as possible. We fight to recover the maximum amount of monetary compensation possible for you, including:
- Compensation for your injuries
- Future and present medical expenses
- Loss of wages
- Pain and suffering
- Prosthetics or artificial limbs
- Punitive damages if necessary
Download Our Free Florida Medical Malpractice Guide Here
Wrongful Amputation | Medical Causes
Amputation is when a body extremity is removed by either by trauma or surgery. Total or partial amputation of a limb may result for the following reasons:
- Diabetes—30–40 percent of amputations are performed on patients with diabetes
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) is due to hardening of the arteries—leading cause of amputation in people 50 and older and also accounting for 80–90 percent of amputations overall
- Burn injuries
- Congenital limb deficiency—an infant is born without part or all of a limb
- Medical negligence or malpractice
Wrongful Amputation | Types of Accidents
Amputation can happen because of any accident, including:
If you were a victim of wrongful amputation, please call our experienced Tampa medical malpractice lawyers today for a free consultation to begin your road to rightful compensation.