Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers / Tampa Slip and Fall Attorney Discusses Claiming Damages

Tampa Slip and Fall Attorney Discusses Claiming Damages

The first thing to understand is that you’re basically looking to be compensated through the individual’s insurance, the owner, the renter, whoever it may be. They will very likely have liability insurance either under a general liability policy if it’s a store or under a homeowner’s or renter’s policy if it’s a residential place where the fall occurred.

The key thing to remember is that there are basically two types of damages. There are what we call economic damages that are things like medical bills, any wage loss you have, and that’s both in the past and the future.

There’s also non-economic damages, which are things like pain and suffering, mental anguish, inconvenience of running back and forth to the doctor, disability or impairment, or loss of the ability to enjoy life’s pleasures.

  • There are two types of damages; economic and non-economic damages
  • Economic damages will include medical expenses or wage losses
  • Non-economic damages will be any pain or emotional damage that happened as a result of the slip and fall
Were you recently injured by a slip and fall you had?  If so, contact experienced Tampa Slip and Fall Attorney Dennis Morgenstern. Read Our FREE Slip and Fall GuideThis educational legal video was brought to you Dennis Morgenstern, an experienced Tampa Slip and Fall Attorney.