Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer Discusses Telling the Cruise Line About My Onboard Injury

If you are injured on a cruise the first thing you should do is seek appropriate medical care. Secondly you should report your injury to onboard board personnel, they would generally make out an accident report. You should try to get a copy of that report if at all possible and when you return you should contact an attorney who is competent and qualified to handle cruise ship injury cases.

Normally a formal written notice needs to be given to the cruise line within 180 days of your injury. If your claim cannot be amicably resolved, suit must be filed generally within 1 year of the date of injury and oftentimes in a location totally unconnected with where your accident occurred. For example if you’re injured on a Holland-America cruise, suit has to be filed in Seattle even though you depart out of Tampa on a cruise, a Carnival suit has to be filed in Miami. It’s very important that you properly contact an attorney who concentrates his practice in admiralty so that you don’t miss an important requirement and that you file your claim in the appropriate jurisdiction.

This video was provided by Dennis Morgenstern, an experienced Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *