Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Experienced Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
We all know motorcycles are dangerous to drive. Because of this, you may face serious hardships in both your financial and medical future. Our Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyers have helped countless motorcycle accident victims fight the insurance companies to earn them the maximum compensation available.
In the event of a motorcycle accident, motorcycle riders are exposed to the possibility of great physical injury or death. If you have been injured in a Florida motorcycle accident, you may face physical, emotional, and financial hardships. A motorcycle accident can change your life forever. They can happen in an instant. They can happen for the following reasons:
The Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Morgenstern & Herd, P.A. are ready to help you quickly. We assist you in all aspects of your case:
- Dealing with insurance companies
- Counsel on your medical treatment
- Documenting your lost work and wages
- Obtaining a just settlement
The attorneys at Morgenstern & Herd, P.A. understand the devastation of a motorcycle accident injury and help you pursue legal action against the individuals who caused or contributed to your injuries.
The exposed nature of motorcycles, speed, and circumstances of the crash greatly influence the extent of injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident. The most common injuries include:
Many of these conditions may require extensive diagnostics, repeated surgeries, rehabilitation and may involve long standing effects on victims. Our Lawyers are ardent fighters for your rights and interests.
Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Accidents
What Should I Know About Motorcycle Accidents?
- I think one of the reasons we hear and read more about motorcycle accidents is that obviously you do not have the same protection when you’re riding as either the driver or passenger on a motorcycle as you do when you’re in an automobile. I think another problem is that there is an idea called conspicuity, and that means that a motorcycle is not as conspicuous as an automobile is. Our brains are sort of trained to see automobiles and trucks, which are very wide, as opposed to a motorcycle, which is very narrow.
We read very often in the papers where a motorcyclist is killed or injured very severely when they’re driving down the road and a vehicle coming in the opposite direction makes a left turn in front of them. Even though most motorcycles have their headlight come on automatically when you turn on the ignition switch, despite that fact, oftentimes drivers of automobiles and trucks because of the conspicuity issue because the motorcycle is basically so thin, it doesn’t register and they make that left turn not even seeing the motorcycle. That’s another reason why we read and hear more about fatalities and serious injuries on motorcycles as opposed to automobile accidents.
I think a third reason is probably the issue of helmets. While helmets are not required under the current statutes in Florida, unfortunately with the lack of adequate protection on a motorcycle and the conspicuity issue, a lot of people that are injured on motorcycles without helmets suffer very significant head injuries. That’s a third reason why we see and hear about significant motorcycle injuries and deaths as opposed to automobile accidents when we have so many more automobiles on the roads here in Florida.
What are the Differences Between a Car Accident and a Motorcycle Accident?
- One of the big differences between an automobile accident and a motorcycle accident is if you are riding on a motorcycle, you will generally not have personal injury protection coverage. Contrarily, if you’re involved in an automobile accident, either a pedestrian hit by a car or in a car struck by another car, personal injury protection coverage which we shorthand call PIP coverage. Generally, PIP covers 80% of the allowable amount of your medical bills and 60% of your gross wage loss up to a maximum of $10,000. In terms of PIP, there are a couple of important rules to remember, and that is you have to get treatment within 14 days of an accident, and if you do not have an emergency medical condition, then your PIP coverage will be reduced from $10,000 down to $2,500.
One of the big differences between handling a motorcycle case and an automobile accident will be who’s going to pay for your medical bills and your wage loss because in a motorcycle case where you were riding a motorcycle either as the driver or as a passenger, there will likely not be any PIP coverage.
Do I Have Any Recourse For an Off-Road Vehicle Injury?
After an off road accident in which someone is seriously injured, there really has to be a focus on a number of different areas. The first thing someone needs to think about is what actually happened. How did the accident happen? Really go through the mechanics of what happened and whether or not the terrain that the person was riding on at the time might have contributed to the accident. Maybe something on the actual ATV caused or contributed to the accident. Sometimes there’s things that the landowner does that causes or contributes to the accident. There has to be a very good initial investigation as to the root causes of the accident.
There are a number of different avenues that need to be explored. For example, in terms of the landowner, there have been cases where people put up wires across roadways to keep people from trespassing or to keep people out without having it marked No Trespassing. There have been cases where individuals were riding ATVs, motorcycles and those types of vehicles, and had been close lined from wires that were not visible to the eye. There could be problems caused by the landowner contributing or causing the accident.
There could be problems with the bike itself, the ATV vehicle itself. There could be mechanical problems. Then there are issues of whose ATV was it? Did they know about these problems? Should they have known about these problems? Was the vehicle recently repaired? Were the repairs done properly? There may be problems with both the owner of the ATV, those people that have recently repaired the ATV. There may be problems with the ATV as it was built and came from the manufacturer, what we call product liability claim.
There are a number of different areas that need to be explored when we see off road ATV-type accidents. There are a number of different areas, and if you have someone significantly injured in an ATV accident, you need to get to an attorney who’s well-versed in all aspects to include the product liability aspects that might be involved in an ATV accident and significant injury.
Aggressive Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Morgenstern & Herd, P.A. to set up a free consultation as soon as possible.
Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer Denny Morgenstern was accepted into the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious group of trial lawyers in the United States.