Tampa Medical Malpractice Lawyers Helping Prescription Medication Error Victims
Advocating for Florida victims of prescription medication errors
According to the Food and Drug administration, prescription medication errors cause at least one death every day and injure approximately 1.3 million people annually in the United States.
Tampa Medical Malpractice Lawyers Morgenstern & Herd, P.A. represents victims of prescription medication errors in Florida who have received:
- The wrong drug
- The wrong dose
- The wrong concentration
- A drug that was administered too quickly
- The wrong method for administering of the drug
- A prescription from a physician unaware of the other medications the patient was taking at the same time
- No warning from the pharmacy to protect patients from an expected drug interaction risk
Many prescription medication errors are preventable
Tampa Medical Malpractice Lawyer Betsey Herd knows errors come during the prescribing process as well as in the writing of prescriptions. Any step in filling a prescription can generate errors, and many of these errors are preventable. Sources of errors include:
- Poor handwriting on prescriptions
- Similar-sounding names of prescription drugs
- Confusion about correct dosage amounts and instructions
- Confusing labeling and package content on both over-the-counter and prescription drugs
- Use of abbreviations
Our clients benefit from Tampa Medical Malpractice Lawyer Betsey Herd’s former profession in healthcare management and current career as a skilled Tampa Medical Malpractice Lawyer. She tenaciously defends your rights against negligence from:
Tampa prescription medication errors
If you have been injured or a loved one has lost their life due to a prescription medication error, contact our Tampa Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Morgenstern & Herd, P.A. today to arrange a free initial consultation and preliminary case review. We handle all personal injury and wrongful death cases on a contingent fee basis.
Contact our experienced Tampa Medical Malpractice Lawyers today if you or a loved one has been a victim of a medication error by a pharmacist.