Tampa Medical Malpractice Attorneys Helping Retinopathy of Prematurity Victims
We Fight For Florida Families with Retinopathy of Prematurity Lawsuits
As a parent of a baby with retinopathy of prematurity (ROP), you may have many unanswered questions, including whether the blindness could have been prevented. In some cases, blindness from ROP is avoidable with proper screening and treatment—in these situations, the healthcare provider can be held liable for medical negligence.
Retinopathy of prematurity can have lifelong consequences. If your baby has been diagnosed with retinopathy of prematurity, the Tampa Medical Malpractice Attorneys at Morgenstern & Herd, P.A. can inform you of your rights and help to determine if malpractice has played a role in the development of your baby’s retinopathy of prematurity. You may be entitled to seek compensation.
Malpractice contributes to retinopathy of prematurity may include the following:
- Exposing newborns to toxins
- Improper use of oxygen therapy following birth
- Failing to provide timely, regular eye exams to high-risk infants
- Failing to diagnose retinopathy of prematurity when symptoms of this condition are clearly present
- Failing to promptly or adequately treat retinopathy of prematurity
Tampa Medical Malpractice Attorneys Protecting Your Family
If your baby has been diagnosed with retinopathy of prematurity, contact Tampa Medical Malpractice Attorneys Morgenstern & Herd, P.A. today to set up a free consultation to see how we can help with your case.