Tampa Florida Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Experienced Tampa Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
Spinal cord injuries can be devastating for victims and their families. For those who have sustained injuries to the spine and spinal cord or suffered paralysis, the injury lawyers at Morgenstern & Herd, PLLC provide crucial legal assistance and have the capability to:
- Investigate your case—how the injury occurred and who was at fault
- Determine what insurance coverage or other assets might be available
- Document and prove the extent of your injuries and the effect these injuries will have on your life
- Document and prove your financial losses, medical expenses, and future expenses
- Obtain maximum amount of compensation for your losses
- Ensure you get the proper care you need
We work with experienced investigators, accident reconstruction professionals, and medical experts—allowing us to tackle some of the most challenging serious spinal cord injury cases.
What is a Spinal Cord Injury?
Spinal cord injuries result when delicate spinal cord tissue is bruised, torn, or crushed. The segment of the cord that is injured and the severity of the injury, determine which bodily functions are compromised or lost. Most spinal injuries do not completely sever the spinal cord. An injury may cause fractures and compression of the vertebrae.
After spinal cord injury, messages sent from the brain can no longer flow through damaged areas. The functions of the body located above the point of injury continue to work, but the areas of the body located below the point of injury will be impaired. You may be entitled to compensation for spinal cord injuries, including:
Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
More than 11,000 people suffer a spinal cord injury each year, resulting in severe chronic pain, paralysis, and death. The common causes include trauma resulting from:
Florida Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
If you or someone you know has suffered a spinal cord injury, contact Morgenstern & Herd, PLLC today.
Contact an experienced Tampa Florida Spinal Cord Injury Attorney.