Tampa Car Accident LawyersWe often forget that driving a motor vehicle is inherently dangerous, every time you get behind the wheel of a car you are facing serious injury. If you were hurt in an auto accident, contact our experienced Tampa Car Accident Lawyers to fight the insurance companies and get the compensation you deserve.
It can be entirely devastating to get into a car crash. We often forget that we could get hit at any moment because of the negligence of other people. If you were hurt in an auto accident, contact our experienced Tampa Car Accident Lawyers to fight the insurance companies and get the compensation you deserve. Read Our FREE Car Accident Guide You are probably seriously injured, recovering, and worried about the medical bills you now have to pay because of someone else’s mistake. We understand how frustrating and scary this all can be. You are not alone. Give us a call today.
Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Fighting for Your Rightful CompensationRoad and traffic accidents comprise the most common types of personal injury cases in Tampa. The Tampa Car Accident Lawyers at Morgenstern & Herd, PLLC fight for justice for those injured due to the reckless and negligent actions of a driver in any kind of vehicle. Our attorneys handle all Florida automobile accident cases, involving:
- Head-on collisions
- Side collisions
- Motorcycle accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Negligent or careless
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Recklessly disregarding your safety
Common Car Accident InjuriesThe most important thing you could do after your car accident is to seek medical attention. Whether you are taken on an ambulance or you make a visit to an urgent care center or your general physician, you need to make sure you are seen. The reasons are two-fold. The last thing you want is for your injuries to get worse or go completely undetected and put you into serious pain in the future. You should go to make sure you are healthy and getting the treatment that you need. You should also go to record your injuries to show the insurance company just how hurt you are. They won’t be keen to give compensation to you for injuries that have not been diagnosed or treated. If you feel at all in pain after the accident or even just a little sore, you absolutely should get to the doctor or ER as soon as possible. It is paramount to your health and your claim. If you have suffered injuries—including spinal cord injuries, brain and head injuries, amputations, and less serious injuries like broken bones and herniated discs from an automobile accident in Florida, our lawyers are ready to fight to get you the compensation you deserve for:
- Medical treatment (past and future)
- Lost wages (past and future)
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Contact Our Tampa Office TodayWe offer free initial consultations to clients who want to figure out the next step for them. If you are at all concerned about your finances after your car accident, please call our Tampa car accident lawyers today. You don’t need to be hassled by the insurance companies who will come calling to get a statement from you. Let that be our job. We will keep them from turning the fault on you. We will prevent them from withholding the compensation that you deserve. Please call our office today!
Frequently Asked Questions About Motor Vehicle AccidentsWhat are the First Steps After a Car Accident?
- You need to determine if the police and an ambulance are notified of the incident. You should also receive contact information of witnesses, and take photos of the scene.
- You will want to take down information about your accident, record witness information, take photographs, cooperate with police officers, and seek medical attention. Anything you say to the police officer during investigation will not be emincaple in court.
- Under PIP, you will forfeit your benefits if you do not receive medical attention within 2 weeks of your accident. Your PIP benefits will be reduced if you do not have significant injuries.
- If your vehicle is damaged, it will be repaired at a reputable shop. There will be no deductible, and the other party will pay for the damages. If the other party is not insured, your vehicle will be covered under collision coverage, but you will pay any deductibles. Any Injuries of damages you suffer include economic and noneconomic damages. An individual, or their deceased love one, must have a permanent or significant injury in order to qualify for non-economic damages.
- If you do not receive medical care within 14 days of your accident, your insurance company will not provide PIP benefits for your medical treatment. If you do not have an emergency medical condition, you will receive a smaller amount of benefits from PIP.
- In the state of Florida, everyone’s required to have property damage coverage. That doesn’t mean that everybody follows the law, however. If you are not at fault for the cause of the collision, often the adverse insurance company, the insurance company of the person who hit you, will accept responsibility and pay for your property damage. If that doesn’t happen or if there’s no coverage on the other side, then your car will have to be repaired out of your coverage. That would be your collision coverage if you have it. Many people aren’t aware that we’re not required to have that kind of coverage. If you don’t have it in the state of Florida, that’s something you need to have in order to protect yourself.
- When you get in a car accident and you speak to a lawyer, they will ask you four questions:
- Who is at fault for the accident?
- Does the opposite driver have bodily injury insurance?
- Do you have uninsured motorist insurance?
- What was the amount of property damage?
- You can sue the other driver for your damages both economic damages and non-economic damages. Examples would include unpaid medical bills, unpaid wage loss and things like pain and suffering, mental anguish, inconvenience, disability or impairment and loss of the ability to enjoy life’s pleasures.
- Under these circumstances, you may still have a very serious claim. Due to your injuries, you may be limited in recovery.
- If you are injured in an automobile accident, there are basically two types of damages that you can receive. One, to repair your vehicle and the other for the injuries that you suffer in the accident under the damages available to repair your vehicle. If your damage to your vehicle amounts to over 80% of the fair market value of your vehicle, your vehicle will not be repaired. The company will provide you with a fair market value of your vehicle at the time of the accident, plus applicable sales tax so you can go out and buy another vehicle. In terms of your damages for your bodily injuries, you have two types of damages, you have economic damages which are unpaid medical bills, those that are not paid by your PIP and unpaid wage loss that’s not paid by your PIP. In addition there are non-economic damages to include pain and suffering, mental anguish, inconvenience, disability or impairment and also loss of the ability to enjoy life’s pleasures. These non-economic damages are very subjective in nature and in order to be eligible for those you basically need to have suffered a permanent injury as a result of the accident, something that your doctor will render his opinion on in his reports and his records.
- At Morgenstern & Herd, after we complete a discovery phase and evaluation when we take your case – we’ll give the insurance company and the defendant an opportunity to resolve the case without filing suit. Once formal suit is filed, formal questions are served, and you provide answers. We help you formulate the answers. We provide those to the other side. Once that paper discovery is exchanged, then depositions are taken where you’re sworn in as a witness and you provide sworn testimony.
Experienced Tampa Car Accident Lawyers
Contact our experienced Tampa Car Accident Lawyers if you were seriously injured in an automobile accident. We will fight for you!Tampa Car Accident Lawyer Denny Morgenstern was accepted into the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious group of trial lawyers in the United States.